Sunday 9 March 2014

Mac Face and Body foundation - Full Review



'A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types.'

£21.50 50ml / £27.00 120ml

This is one of the very few foundations I own and it’s probably one that I will always have on hand in my collection. I tend to use this on special occasions or when I'm having a crappy skin day. It photographs beauuuuutifully (since there is no SPF) and feels very lightweight on the skin. 

I have the 120ml bottle and at £27.00 (used to be £23 *cry*), it’s great value for money. Despite reading about its short ‘shelf life’, I’ve had this foundation for a good few years and it’s still going strong. Just make sure you shake this baby up before using it as it’s notorious for separating

I squeeze a ten-pence sized amount on the back of my hand and use clean fingers to apply this on my face. I find this warms up the product, making it easier to blend on to the skin. I've tried using brushes but I find it absorbs too much of the product and can get a little streaky when applying. 

This provides a sheer, natural coverage but it's very buildable and could probably stretch to become medium coverage. Once the first layer dries, I usually apply a second layer to my cheeks to cover my über rosy flush. Good thing about this is that no matter how many layers you apply, it will never look cakey. It will just result in an even more flawless, radiant-looking (yet v.natural) complexion.  

As this is a water-based foundation, the consistency is very runny and so it leaves the skin feeling quite tacky and shiny after applying. It takes a minute or two to set but I like to pair this with a setting powder (I use the Mac Prep and Prime translucent loose powder) to help lock the foundation in place. 

Unfortunately, the durability of this foundation isn’t as good as I’d want it to be - I’d say this lasts a good 4-5 hours so don’t expect this one to stick around after a full day's work. 

Nonetheless, this foundation is suitable to wear all year round. Fab during the winter as it moisturises and hydrates the skin. Perfect during the summer as it provides sheer, lightweight coverage that allows your skin to breathe. It's also great for all ages & comes in 13 shades

I use the shade C4 all year round but I could do with using C5 during the summer months. However, as MAC face and body is sheer, you can get away with using a shade lighter or darker than your actual skin tone - V. helpful when you want to make your skin look brighter or tanned & sunkissed.











Would I recommend it? - YES! but (and it’s a big but), I’d steer clear if you have v.oily/v.blemished skin. It’s best suited for all you tinted moisturiser/light-natural-luminous-dewy foundation lovers out there. I'd imagine this would be lovely on dry skin too. 



Would you repurchase? - Ya huhhh



Buy it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment