Thursday 15 May 2014

My Top 5 Best Beauty Investments

Although these products may seem a little pricey from the outset, I found the investment to be totally worth it. These products have become a crucial part of my beauty routine and have lasted me years. Under good conditions, some of these products could even last you a lifetime. Here is the shortlist of my top 5 splurge items that are worth every single penny. 

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (£20.00) - 

Eyelash curlers are an absolute must-have for me. They transform my look, open up the eyes and make me look more awake. If you’re looking for a good quality, study eyelash curler then look no further. These babies are the mother of all eyelash curlers - they have a reputation for being the best on the market. They fit my eye shape perfectly and don’t snag on my lashes. It comes with a replacement pad but I’ve found I’ve never needed to use it since the original pad is still dent-free! No wonder they’re a cult favourite..

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original (£16.00) -

Applying this is a key step in my make up routine whenever I decide to wear eyeshadow. I have oily lids so this prevents the eyeshadow from creasing and sliding off. It helps with the longevity and improves the eyeshadow's vibrancy when applied. The best thing about this is that you only need the tiniest amount. I purchased mine when they relaunched the primer potion in the squeezey tube (maybe 2ish years ago) and it’s still half full. Its cost per wear is virtually nothing and works out to be really good value for money in the long term. 

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Loose Finishing Powder (£20.00) -

This is my setting powder of choice whenever I wear foundation and/or need to set my concealer. Again, you only need a small amount of this to cover your face. It’s not too matte on the skin, but it removes all traces of shine and has a slight blurring effect (nothing drastic though). This powder has a nice silky texture to it and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. Unlike the MUFE HD powder, this photographs well and doesn’t give off a white cast in pictures - woo!

Tweezerman Slant Tweezers for Benefit (£19.50) -

I’ve tried a bunch of tweezers and I can honestly say that nothing compares to these. They’re super sharp and grab all those hard to reach hairs. It makes plucking my eyebrows so quick and easy. If your tweezers were to ever get dull, Tweezerman do a free sharpening service on all their products. You’ll get yours back working just like new. Score!

Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black (£16.00) -

This product easily takes the cake for best gel liner on the market. Okay technically, it’s a cream but that’s what makes it the best in my opinion. It offers great pigmentation as well as good staying power. It applies smooth and sets to a matte finish. It’s an all round winner for me. Unlike most gel liners, this one doesn’t dry up or change in texture. I’ve had this little pot for years and it’s still going on strong. Well done Clinique!







No comments:

Post a Comment