Saturday 19 April 2014

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder - Full Review






'
A finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 active amino acids to promote radiant skin, diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles’

£31.00 9.6g

This powder is one of my long time loves since I've been using it almost every day for the last three years. It's the perfect product to slap on every day since it's super easy and quick to apply. Of course the SPF 15 is an added bonus!

Although the price tag is pretty steep, the product itself lasts a long time. You only need a small amount of powder to cover your face ..so it works out to be a good investment. I use a kabuki brush to buff it in and I find this distributes the product well. It adds colour to my face, evens out my skin tone and hides minor imperfections. If I do have a major blemish to cover, I’ll use a concealer on top.

It provides a light to medium coverage and is buildable. It's lightweight on the skin and doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything on your face. I like it because it also doesn’t leave my skin looking powdery. Similar to the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish natural powders, this leaves your skin looking luminous and radiant

Since it is a powder, the durability is not so great. This lasts 3-4 hours on me when I’m out and about. Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph well because of the spf so it's definitely not one to use on a night out. As for those 'wrinkle-diminishing' claims, I can't really say much since I'm only 21.

Nonetheless, I do love this product - it's especially great during the summer when I'm more on the oily side. It's a great one to throw on when you’re in a rush. It provides good coverage but allows your skin to breathe - that being said, it's probably one of my holy grail make up items. 

I use the colour Classic Beige - that's the perfect shade for me during the summer but I’d probably go for one shade lighter during the winter.


Would I recommend it - Yes - I’d especially recommend this to those who don’t have a lot of time to get ready in the morning. This product would also do well for all you oily/sensitive skinned girls too. 



Would you repurchase? - Yup!




Buy it here.







No comments:

Post a Comment