Saturday 19 July 2014

New Beauty Buys & First Impression Reviews

Over the last two weeks, I was #feelingspendy and splurged on a few beauty items. I did get most of this discounted through my work so I didn’t feel toooo bad after. Anyway, I thought I’d share this little haul with you guys and give my first impressions on each of these products. 



Origins VitaZing SPF 15 (£29.00)

This ‘energy-boosting moisturiser' with Mangosteen adds a healthy hint of radiance to your complexion whilst also hydrating and protecting your skin throughout the day. I’ve really been enjoying this product and it has been a great addition to my morning skincare routine. I could get away with using this alone on a good skin day because the colour matches me very well. This provides a super sheer, light coverage to the face with added SPF - perfect for this time of the year!

Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Light to Medium Peach (£20.00

This lightweight concealer instantly brightens and corrects dark circles so you look more awake and revived. I am a fan of the Bobbi Brown Peach corrector that comes in the pot but I find that can get a little thick and hard to blend. The tinted eye brightener is the total opposite and is exactly what I hoped it would be. It’s super easy to blend, lightweight yet still gives me that brightening Kim K look under the eyes.

Benefit’s They’re Real Push-Up Liner (£18.50)

This innovative gel liner pen is supposed to ‘hug your lash line’ with its matte black gel formula that won’t smudge or dry out. This new product from Benefit has been very hit or miss with the beauty community. I like the concept of it and I know Benefit was trying to make applying gel liner easier for us girls BUT that didn’t happen for me, personally. The way the product dispenses out makes it quite messy to apply. I can never really get that thin line that I want because the product just goes everywhere. I do really like the formula though - it is super pigmented and long wearing! 

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer and 02 Apricot Shimmer (£15.80 Each) 

These lip gloss/balm hybrids from Clarins nourishes and repairs your lips whilst also adding a natural tint to them. These have become my new favourite lip glosses because they aren’t sticky at all. They nude out my lips ever so slightly whilst also making them look plumper, juicier and smoother. Love them!


NARS Contouring Blush in Paloma (£30.00

This blush duo contains a deeper shade to contour as well as a lighter shade to highlight for that natural defined and sculpted look. I was actually gifted this for my birthday from my sister and I love it! Both powders blend like a dream and are the perfect shades for my skin tone. I use my angled brush from MAC to apply the darker shade in the hollows of my cheeks. I then use a sponge to apply the lighter shade under my eyes and on the high points of my cheek bones. These powders are also very pigmented and last well throughout the day so they get a thumbs up from me!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment