Monday 23 June 2014

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - Full Review






£35.50 30ml

‘An oil-free hydrating fluid with exclusive Micro-fil technology. Its lightweight and silky texture glides on seamlessly for an all-day, buildable coverage’ 

This is a beautiful pore perfecting foundation that provides a flawless finish to the skin. It photographs well since there is no SPF, therefore making it a great one to use for special events.

It comes in a luxurious glass bottle and a pump but you can’t expect anything less with its costly price tag. I usually use about 1 1/2 - 2  pumps, apply this with my fingers then buff it in with my sigma F80. The description is very accurate when they say it glides on seamlessly. Its texture is light and silky thus making it easy to blend

This foundation provides a medium, buildable coverage. It dries to a satin finish on the skin and has the perfect amount of luminosity to it, as the name would suggest. My skin remains looking natural and doesn’t leave it looking flat or too matte. I do still set the foundation with a light dusting my MAC prep and prime loose powder just to help it last a little longer on the skin. It generally sticks around pretty well. I’d say it lasts a good 8hours and wears well throughout the day. 

It is one of the most priciest foundations on the market but it is a lovely pick if you’re looking to treat yourself. It glides over your imperfections, doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin and looks fab on and off camera -  it’s an all around winner for me!

This foundation is a great one to use all year round but it doesn’t have that SPF protection that’s recommended for foundations for everyday wear. Due to it’s price, I’d probably save it for special occasions anyway. I use the shade 6.5 (Tawny) and the colour match is pretty much spot on. It comes in 21 shades and is suitable for all skin types


Would I recommend it? - If you can cough up the cash for it, then totally! 


Would you repurchase? - Yes!


Buy it here.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment