Wednesday 13 January 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites


Hello & Happy New Year!

One of my new years resolutions is getting back to blogging so as of today, I am back in business! Although I’ve been out of the blogosphere for about a year, I’ve tried a load of new products in 2015 that I love and wanted to share.. 


Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks  £23 

(Pictured: Birkin Brown, Bond Girl, Walk of Shame)

These rose gold tubes of heaven are velvety soft, long lasting and super smooth on the lips. Think NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils but better. They never dry out the lips or crack ...which the NARS lip pencils tend to do after a few hours. I also praise CT for adding this unique square tip on her lippies - it makes a world of a difference when applying them and helps with precision. Best.Matte.Lipsticks.Everrr!


NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush  £43


This has been my go-to brush for practically everything. I use this bad boy for blush, contour, highlight & setting powder. It’s pricey but totally worth the investment. It’s made of natural bristles so it does shed a little when I wash it but other than that, it’s a versatile brush that does it all!



NARS Tribulation Highlight Blush  £23 & Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfecter Champagne pop  £30 


2015 was the year of highlight. Everyone jumped on the strobing bandwagon and I was soon on board after I tried this one from NARS. This gorgeous ‘shimmery rosy sand’ leaves a natural golden sheen to the cheeks. It’s a great highlight for all skin tones except for the very fair. Only problem is that it is limited edition so nab this beauty while you still can!

I’m also giving a special mention to Becca’s Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. I received this on Christmas day and I had love hearts popping out of my eyes. If NARS Tribulation had a big sister, it would be this! They both have a similar warm golden undertone, but Champagne pop is brighter, more shimmery and intense. The formula is super buttery smooth and incredibly pigmented. It makes your cheek bones appear almost wet and glistening. Love it!!


MAC Whirl Matte Lipstick £15.50

This has been one of my most used lipsticks of the year. To me, this is my perfect mid tone ‘Dirty Rose’ nude that suits any type of make up look. It adds just enough definition to the lips without looking too dark. It isn’t too drying on the lips either - the formula is no where near as good as CT’s Matte revolution ones but the colour is spot on! 


Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Creamy Beige  £4.99


When I want something quick to throw on the eyes, this is what I usually always go for. This cream eyeshadow is a lovely neutral matte mid tone brown that adds a little something to the lids. I usually like using this alone with winged eyeliner but you could use it as a base for a smokey eye too. It’s a great one for a quick defined polished eye without putting in the effort.


Pixi Glow Tonic  £18


After reading up on Caroline Hiron’s philosophy on acid toners, I had to give this one a go. Its enriched with glycolic acid which helps gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. This helps prevent blocked pores, spots and blemishes and keeps my skin feeling smooth and radiant. I use this once a day after cleansing and I find that it makes such a difference. 


Balmain Extatic EDP 90ml  £65


I was determined to find my signature scent in 2015 and I’m so glad I did with this hidden gem. I don’t hear many people talk about this one but it’s ticks all the boxes for me. It’s sweet & fruity but very sophisticated and elegant. It isn’t overpowering or heavy but manages to last a decent time on the skin too. It has notes of pear, cashmere wood and jasmine and the longer it's on the skin, the better it smells. Definitely give this one a go if you like YSL Black Opium or Giorgio Armani Si.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment