Wednesday 26 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palettes - Review & Comparison

I’m a little ashamed to admit this but yes, I am a guilty owner of all 4 of the UD naked eyeshadow palettes. If you’re a neutral eyeshadow lover like me, you’ll understand how difficult it is to resist these beauties! 




But truth is, you certainly don’t need to buy all these palettes to up your neutral eye game. I’ll be sharing my opinions on each and hopefully, this should give you an idea of what palette would suit you best. Anyway, enough with the jibba jabba and let’s talk eyeshadows.. 



Naked (1) £37.00

  • Warm toned, bronze hued. Includes 2 mattes, 8 shimmers and 1 glitter shade.
  • Faves: Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle.
  • Least Faves: Sidecar, Naked, Buck.
This is probably my least favourite palette of the 4 because I tend to only gravitate towards 3-4 shades. The other colours don’t seem to go well with my skin tone. Virgin for instance, is way too light and shimmery for a highlight, let alone as a lid colour. Sin is nice, but doesn’t really pair nicely with the other shades. Sidecar = fall out central. I thought Naked and Buck would serve well as blending colours, but the two shades are way off. I rarely use Creep and I don’t think I’ve ever worn Halfbaked or Gunmetal *sad face*.


Naked 2 £37.00

  • More cool toned, taupe hued. Includes 3 mattes and 9 shimmers.
  • Faves: Foxy, Tease, Snakebite, YDK, Busted.
  • Least Fave: Halfbaked.
I’d dub this palette as the most versatile out of the bunch. Although it’s said to be more cool toned, it does feature some warm shades and a matte black (big bonus!). I can’t really fault this palette with the exception of Halfbaked (annoying repeat from Naked1) that seems to be the odd one out here. Besides that, all the shades are very wearable and will see you through natural day or smokey night time looks. 


Naked 3 £37.00

  • Rose hued. Includes 3 mattes and 9 shimmers.
  • Faves: Limit, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Blackheart (swooooon!).
  • Least Fave: Dust.

This baby is my personal favourite out of the 4. Unlike the first 2 palettes, this one features 12 all new shades and offers more selection in textures. Many of the shimmer shades aren’t overly shimmery and so they can be worn easily during the day and night. The only 'meh' shade is Dust as it’s more of a glitter and so it can apply a little patchy and runs the risk of fall out BUT we can work with it. Other than that, I find these shades suit my skin tone the best, and so not one eyeshadow is neglected *happy face*.


Naked Basics £22.00

  • Über neutral. Includes 6 mattes (technically one is a satin)
  • Faves: Foxy, W.O.S
  • Least Fave: Faint
Quite the unnecessary purchase if you have any of the other palettes, however very necessary if you travel frequently. Yeah, it looks a little boring but they are pretty much the only eyeshadows you will ever need when you’re on the go. It's super easy to create a natural or dramatic look with these shades. As they are pretty much all matte, the eyeshadows can also be used to fill in brows or even line the eyes. Definitely a make-up bag space saver!





Side note: 99% of the colours in these palettes offer great colour pay off and are reasonably priced for the quality you get. Everyone has different preferences and so it’s all down to that in the end. However, if I were to pick a winner, it would be the Naked 3, closely followed by the Naked 2. 




Which one's your fave?





No comments:

Post a Comment