Sunday 7 December 2014

Product Empties #2

The last time I posted about my beauty trash was waaay back in May. Since then, I’ve finished up a load of products - some new and some old faves. If you’ve read my last empties, then you know the drill. I’ll be sharing my final thoughts on the products and telling you whether they are worthy of a repurchase or not. Enjoy! 




MAC Face & Body Foundation (£28.50) -

Oh yes, the joy I felt when I squeezed out the last drop of this foundation - It took me a while, but I got there eventually! This water-based foundation has been a favourite of mine for years. It’s buildable, lightweight and very natural on the skin. If you don’t have a lot of blemishes to cover, then this is a good one to try. Read my full review on this here. I didn’t commit to buying the 120ml bottle this time round since I do have other foundations in my stash but I did get the 50ml because I just couldn’t go without it!
Already repurchased 


MAC Prep & Prime Translucent Finishing Powder (£20.50) - 

This is one of those products that you never imagine finishing up - that’s why I was shocked and a little sad when this ran out. But to be honest, it’s something that I used religiously to set my foundation. It mattifies but never looks too cakey on the face. It’s definitely worth the money because a little goes a long way with this.
Might repurchase


CoverGirl Lash Perfection Mascara X2 ($5+)

I go through these so fast! It’s a great all around mascara that volumises, lengthens and separates my short asian lashes. It’s a dupe for the Maxfactor Masterpiece Max Mascara, but works out to be cheaper so if you live in the U.S, definitely pick one up to try!
Already repurchased (back up)


Maybelline Falsies flared Volum’ Express Mascara (£7.99) - 

This mascara isn’t the best on its own (on my lashes anyway), but is a nice one to layer on top of the CoverGirl mascara. If I want more va va voooom then I pop this on, and I get volume in no time
Already repurchased (back up)


Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL (£3.99) - 

I have incredibly flat, greasy, lifeless hair so this product is pretty much a God send for me. I love it because it knocks two birds in one stone. It’s basically the original Batiste Dry shampoo combined with the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce texturising spray. Absolutely perfect for 2nd/3rd day hair! 
Already repurchased


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Cleanser (£13.75) - 

This will probably be in every empties post I do because it is my ultimate fave! I’ve raved on and on about this product so I won’t bore you again. Click here if you want to read why I heart this cleanser!
Already repurchased


Garnier Miceller Cleansing Water (£4.99) - 

Garnier did well with their take on miceller water. When I come home from work, I like to use this to remove my face make up just so my skin can breathe. It isn't as effective as Bioderma of course, but it’s very affordable and did its job with no problems. Can’t really complain!
Already repurchased


Cien Nail Polish Remover  (£1.49 available in Lidl) -

This wasn’t the best nail polish remover. It smelt better than others but it did take quite a bit of work to get my nail polish off. I just got this for the bottle. It’s one of those ones that you push down with cotton wool and it dispenses neatly from the top. For that reason, I’ll be reusing the bottle and decanting my boots clean off nail polish remover in it. Happy days!
Won’t repurchase


Vichy Lumineuse Tinted Moisturiser (£13.25) -

If you like your tinted moisturises, this is a decent option to try from the drugstore. It’s a nice light base for the summer and provides the face with a light-medium coverage. Unfortunately it only comes in 3 shades. The Peach shade is too orange for me during the winter, so I won’t be repurchasing this anytime soon.
Won’t repurchase





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment