Friday 25 April 2014

Disappointing Products #1






L'oreal Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in Dark Brown 

-  I got this thinking it would be a quick & easy one step brow fixer. However, the ball brush made it very difficult to apply on my thin brows. The formula itself is okay, but nothing keeps my unruly eyebrows in place like the Collection Clear mascara. If you're brows are thick, give this a try. Otherwise.. save your money. 




Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White 

- I bought this when nude eye pencils were non existent at the drugstore. It's great to use on the waterline if you have pale skin, but it's way too stark for someone with my skin tone. 






Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait 

- This is a lovely your lips but better colour, but what ruins this for me is the glitter. It looks pretty from afar but up close, it looks like you just slapped on a lipstick from an 8year old's cheap make up set - no bueno!

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash Mask 

- This is way too thick to use as a face wash and whenever I use it as a mask, it tingles to the point where it becomes little uncomfortable for the face. I think it's a product more targeted towards v.oily/problematic skin. Personally, it's a bit too intense for my liking.  



L’oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense 

- Another hyped up product - I love the thin nib but hate the glossy finish. It takes forever to dry and it ALWAYS seems to transfer onto my eyelash curlers, thus leaving me with one patchy ass line. The only way to make this work on me is if I set it with black eyeshadow.. and ain't nobody got time for that!



L’oreal GlamShine Stain Splash in Lolita (a.k.a Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After)

- I was very impressed with the darker shades in this range (Milady/Berry Persistant & Juliet/Endless Red) ..so naturally, I did have high hopes for this one. It looks very promising in the tube but unfortunately that didn’t translate on the lips. It emphasises that dark pinky-red pigment in my lips that I hate!  










No comments:

Post a Comment